The taxi industry is one of the most competitive out there. That being said, there’s always room for competition and if you’re able to set yourself apart and offer an excellent service More »
Go behind the scenes to see how SEAT created its 20V20 concept. The journey starts with an initial sketch all the way to a show car. Unveiled at the Geneva motor show, the More »
Not design related but really useful none the less.
Found this great infographic for must have apps for your car.
The most important software tools used by automotive companies and design studios to develop new vehicles in 2D and 3D – check out our list of top applications below.
- Adobe Photoshop
- Autodesk Alias
- LightWave 3D
- Lumiscaphe Patchwork 3D
- Shape Modeling Plug-in for Rhino
Please feel free to get in touch with any suggestions to add to the list.
Go behind the scenes to see how SEAT created its 20V20 concept. The journey starts with an initial sketch all the way to a show car.
Unveiled at the Geneva motor show, the Vision 2020 SUV sets the stage for the Spanish carmaker’s future by putting forward the brands new language of design.
Whether you’re a truck driver who needs to insure your own vehicle, or you operate a trucking firm and need to protect multiple vehicles, truck insurance is a necessity. Not only will truck insurance enable you to drive your truck legally but it will also cover for any risks that you face on the road in addition to theft, fire and breakdowns.
Finding truck insurance at a good price is now easier than ever thanks to the number of online truck insurance providers. When you’re looking for hgv insurance online, it’s always a good idea to know exactly what type of cover you want to get. This means that you can make a firm decision and avoid getting cover that you don’t need. Below is an explanation of the insurance options available as well as some great ways to save money on truck insurance.
- Third Party – Third party insurance is the lowest level of cover you can get and as you would expect, provides minimal protection for your own vehicle. In most cases it’s recommended that you get a higher level of cover but third party insurance will enable you to drive your truck legally.
- Third party, fire & theft – Adding fire and theft to a third party policy gives you that much more protection. Both are very real risks, especially for smaller trucks and vans that are easier to steal so getting both fire and theft covered in your policy is always a good idea.
- Comprehensive – A comprehensive insurance policy will provide full protection for your truck for all types of collisions. This means if you’re involved in an accident that you’re liable for, both your own vehicle and those of any other parties would be covered. A comprehensive policy is always recommended wherever possible.
- Loss of licence – If you were to lose your licence for whatever reason, loss of licence insurance would ensure that you’re compensated until you were able to get it back.
- Public liability – Liability claims are something that every truck driver and truck firm owner must worry about. If a member of public or another driver were to be injured or killed as a result of negligence on your part then a liability claim is a very real possibility.
- Breakdown assistance – Breakdown assistance is a must for truck drivers. If you don’t already have it then you’ll be able to have it included as part of your policy for an additional cost. Most insurance providers will offer breakdown assistance at a very competitive price so even if you’re already a member of another breakdown service, it’s still worth enquiring about it as you may be able to save a significant amount of money.
- European cover – If you need to drive your truck outside of the UK, then you’ll need to get additional cover in place. The road laws in other EU countries are different so you cannot rely on your insurance to cover once you’re outside of the country.
- Windscreen and glass repair – Windscreen and glass repair is a very useful additional type of cover to have. Repairing cracks can be more costly than you think so it will provide you with extra piece of mind.
Types of Trucks Covered
Below are some of the different types of trucks that you can cover with truck insurance –
- Refrigerated trucks
- Flat bed trucks
- Gritter trucks
- Skip lorries
- Tipper trucks
The Benefits of Truck Insurance
There are many benefits of getting truck insurance through an online provider. These include –
- A highly customised policy
- Save time
- Save money
- Multiple payment options available
- Instant documentation
- Expert advice
- Easy claims process
Ways to Save Money on Truck Insurance
Knowing how to save money when taking out truck insurance is extremely useful. Below are some of the most reliable ways to do this.
- Pay upfront – Although paying more money upfront than you have to might not sound appealing, it’s actually one of the best ways to cut down the cost. If you can pay for your policy annually rather than monthly then you’re in a very strong position to negotiate a lower price for it.
- Consider a fleet policy – If you need to insure multiple trucks then the best way to do it is by getting a fleet policy. Fleet policies are not only cheaper when compared to insuring trucks individually but they’re also much easier to manage.
- Reduce cover options – Having a high level of cover is always good but if you want to save money then it’s a good idea to reduce the number of cover options to what’s strictly necessary.
- Shop around – This one should go without saying. The prices that you’re provided with can vary a lot from one insurance provider to the next. Therefore it’s always a good idea to get as many quotes as possible before committing.
Get Quotes in the Easiest Way Possible
When it comes to getting truck insurance quotes you have a few different options. You can choose to call different insurance providers to obtain quotes. Whilst this is beneficial in that you can have your questions answered immediately, it comes with a few key drawbacks. Firstly when you call insurance providers separately, it takes a long time to get a good amount of quotes. This is far from ideal when you’re looking to save time money. Another big downside of calling insurance providers by phone is that you’ll often be given the hard sell. It’s the job of customer representatives to close deals so if you want a no pressure quote, it’s not always the best way.
The alternative to this approach is to get your quotes online. Getting quotes online is much quicker and easier and will give you the ability to compare them very easily. To get quotes from a panel of truck insurance specialists, all you have to do is click on the red button below. Once you’ve provided a bit of information about yourself and your policy needs, you’ll then have access to your tailored quotes.
In this tutorial, Dimitri offers you a simple method for drawing a car. He covers drawing objects in perspective and using the perspective lines, among other things. He also offers a ton of tips along the way so you can follow along with his process.
Well worth a watch