The taxi industry is one of the most competitive out there. That being said, there’s always room for competition and if you’re able to set yourself apart and offer an excellent service More »
Go behind the scenes to see how SEAT created its 20V20 concept. The journey starts with an initial sketch all the way to a show car. Unveiled at the Geneva motor show, the More »
The taxi industry is one of the most competitive out there. That being said, there’s always room for competition and if you’re able to set yourself apart and offer an excellent service then there’s no reason you can’t run a very successful business.
Below are some of the most important things to consider when setting up a new taxi firm.
The location of your office is extremely important. The first thing you need to decide is whether the office is going to serve solely as a base for your drivers and a place to take calls; or whether you’re also going to accept walk-in customers.
The reason the location of the office is important is not just because of how easily accessible/visible it is, but also because of the range you’ll have if using two-way radios to communicate with your drivers. A location that’s higher up will have much greater reach than one that’s in a dip.
The best location for an office, especially if you want to attract walk-in customers, is one that’s on reasonably high ground and also in a fairly busy area that’s likely to get a lot of foot traffic in peak times.
Another key decision to make is regarding vehicles. If you decide to use your own vehicles then it will of course require a much larger initial investment. You’ll have to pay for the cost of the vehicles themselves as well as the tax, insurance and licencing plate.
The alternative to this is hiring owner drivers who have their own vehicles. This is a much cheaper option and allows you to expand much more easily. It’s also possible to use a combination of your own vehicles and owner drivers.
You should weigh up the pros and cons of both. Don’t forget that when using your own vehicles, they’ll need to be licenced by the local licensing authority so find out if there are any restrictions as to what type of vehicles can be licenced in your area before buying any cars.
When hiring drivers, whether they’re owner drivers or going to driving your vehicles, you should be very selective. Hiring drivers that are unreliable and/or inexperienced can have a very detrimental effect on your business.
Most taxi firms will only hire drivers that are 25 years or older and who have a clean driving licence and little-to-no insurance claims. This will not only ensure that your business runs smoothly but also lower the cost of your insurance.
If you hire owner drivers then you’ll need to be sure that they have the required level of insurance to drive legally. If you have numerous vehicles then you can insure them under a taxi fleet policy to save time and money.
Insurance is a must for any taxi firm. You’ll want to ensure that your premises are covered by a good insurance policy for theft and structural damage.
You will also need the correct insurance for private hire use or public hire use.
There are many excellent providers of business insurance, who’ll be able provide cover for your premises and vehicles in a combined policy.
Go behind the scenes to see how SEAT created its 20V20 concept. The journey starts with an initial sketch all the way to a show car.
Unveiled at the Geneva motor show, the Vision 2020 SUV sets the stage for the Spanish carmaker’s future by putting forward the brands new language of design.
Whether you’re a truck driver who needs to insure your own vehicle, or you operate a trucking firm and need to protect multiple vehicles, truck insurance is a necessity. Not only will truck insurance enable you to drive your truck legally but it will also cover for any risks that you face on the road in addition to theft, fire and breakdowns.
Finding truck insurance at a good price is now easier than ever thanks to the number of online truck insurance providers. When you’re looking for hgv insurance online, it’s always a good idea to know exactly what type of cover you want to get. This means that you can make a firm decision and avoid getting cover that you don’t need. Below is an explanation of the insurance options available as well as some great ways to save money on truck insurance.
- Third Party – Third party insurance is the lowest level of cover you can get and as you would expect, provides minimal protection for your own vehicle. In most cases it’s recommended that you get a higher level of cover but third party insurance will enable you to drive your truck legally.
- Third party, fire & theft – Adding fire and theft to a third party policy gives you that much more protection. Both are very real risks, especially for smaller trucks and vans that are easier to steal so getting both fire and theft covered in your policy is always a good idea.
- Comprehensive – A comprehensive insurance policy will provide full protection for your truck for all types of collisions. This means if you’re involved in an accident that you’re liable for, both your own vehicle and those of any other parties would be covered. A comprehensive policy is always recommended wherever possible.
- Loss of licence – If you were to lose your licence for whatever reason, loss of licence insurance would ensure that you’re compensated until you were able to get it back.
- Public liability – Liability claims are something that every truck driver and truck firm owner must worry about. If a member of public or another driver were to be injured or killed as a result of negligence on your part then a liability claim is a very real possibility.
- Breakdown assistance – Breakdown assistance is a must for truck drivers. If you don’t already have it then you’ll be able to have it included as part of your policy for an additional cost. Most insurance providers will offer breakdown assistance at a very competitive price so even if you’re already a member of another breakdown service, it’s still worth enquiring about it as you may be able to save a significant amount of money.
- European cover – If you need to drive your truck outside of the UK, then you’ll need to get additional cover in place. The road laws in other EU countries are different so you cannot rely on your insurance to cover once you’re outside of the country.
- Windscreen and glass repair – Windscreen and glass repair is a very useful additional type of cover to have. Repairing cracks can be more costly than you think so it will provide you with extra piece of mind.
Types of Trucks Covered
Below are some of the different types of trucks that you can cover with truck insurance –
- Refrigerated trucks
- Flat bed trucks
- Gritter trucks
- Skip lorries
- Tipper trucks
The Benefits of Truck Insurance
There are many benefits of getting truck insurance through an online provider. These include –
- A highly customised policy
- Save time
- Save money
- Multiple payment options available
- Instant documentation
- Expert advice
- Easy claims process
Ways to Save Money on Truck Insurance
Knowing how to save money when taking out truck insurance is extremely useful. Below are some of the most reliable ways to do this.
- Pay upfront – Although paying more money upfront than you have to might not sound appealing, it’s actually one of the best ways to cut down the cost. If you can pay for your policy annually rather than monthly then you’re in a very strong position to negotiate a lower price for it.
- Consider a fleet policy – If you need to insure multiple trucks then the best way to do it is by getting a fleet policy. Fleet policies are not only cheaper when compared to insuring trucks individually but they’re also much easier to manage.
- Reduce cover options – Having a high level of cover is always good but if you want to save money then it’s a good idea to reduce the number of cover options to what’s strictly necessary.
- Shop around – This one should go without saying. The prices that you’re provided with can vary a lot from one insurance provider to the next. Therefore it’s always a good idea to get as many quotes as possible before committing.
Get Quotes in the Easiest Way Possible
When it comes to getting truck insurance quotes you have a few different options. You can choose to call different insurance providers to obtain quotes. Whilst this is beneficial in that you can have your questions answered immediately, it comes with a few key drawbacks. Firstly when you call insurance providers separately, it takes a long time to get a good amount of quotes. This is far from ideal when you’re looking to save time money. Another big downside of calling insurance providers by phone is that you’ll often be given the hard sell. It’s the job of customer representatives to close deals so if you want a no pressure quote, it’s not always the best way.
The alternative to this approach is to get your quotes online. Getting quotes online is much quicker and easier and will give you the ability to compare them very easily. To get quotes from a panel of truck insurance specialists, all you have to do is click on the red button below. Once you’ve provided a bit of information about yourself and your policy needs, you’ll then have access to your tailored quotes.
When it comes to which cars is the most beautiful, it’s always going to be a subject of much debate. Some people prefer the classic look of Ferrari’s while others prefer the more modern looking curves of a Bugatti.
Whatever your preference though, there’s no doubting that the 5 cars below are some of the most beautiful that are currently available.
The Porsche 911 might have gotten larger over the years but it’s still managed to maintain its classic sleek looks. It has been incredibly popular ever since it first debuted in the 1960s and to this day it’s still seen as the quintessential sports car by many enthusiasts.
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Everything about the Aston Martin V8 Vantage screams luxury, from the beautiful sleek design to the classy interior- it’s a sports car that many people around the world dream of owning. Considering how luxurious that V8 Vantage is, it’s actually the least expensive of the available Aston Martins, however it’s still not cheap by anyone’s imagination.
Ferrari 458 Italia
The 458 Italia is a perfect example of what makes Ferrari such a revered name across the world. The 458′ low body and sleek curves means it not only looks beautiful but also drives incredibly well too.
Jaguar F-Type Coupe
Many people would consider the Jaguar F-Type Coupe to be the most beautiful car and with good reason. The F-Type is beautifully proportioned and has an incredibly powerful build that give it the edge over other models, such as the Roadster. Click here for more details on the Jaguar F-Type Coupe.
The Bugatti Veyron often makes headlines for its speed alone, being the street-legal car in the world, with a top speed of 267.7 mph. It’s not just its specs that make the Veyron so impressive however. It’s beautiful sleek design manages to be completely distinctive yet still retain a classic look at the same time. The Veryon comes in a range of colours, all of which look beautiful and for many car enthusiasts, the Bugatti Veyron is the ultimate luxury car.
Not design related but really useful none the less.
Found this great infographic for must have apps for your car.
The most important software tools used by automotive companies and design studios to develop new vehicles in 2D and 3D – check out our list of top applications below.
- Adobe Photoshop
- Autodesk Alias
- LightWave 3D
- Lumiscaphe Patchwork 3D
- Shape Modeling Plug-in for Rhino
Please feel free to get in touch with any suggestions to add to the list.
In this tutorial, Dimitri offers you a simple method for drawing a car. He covers drawing objects in perspective and using the perspective lines, among other things. He also offers a ton of tips along the way so you can follow along with his process.
Well worth a watch